About DFI Europe
DFI Europe was established in 2005 as a Regional Chapter of the Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) for European DFI Members, who enjoy the benefits of joint DFI and DFI Europe membership.
Since 2005, DFI Europe has hosted several conferences and workshops, formed technical committees and developed state of the art guidelines and tools for topics within our industry. Our mission is to support our members with the newest information and developments, create platforms for networks, attract new members such as young engineers, students, and experienced specialists from all fields of deep foundation industry.
Read "The First Decade — What an Achievement" by DFI Europe President Frank Haehnig.
DFI Europe Board Members
|Frank Haehnig||President||Bauer Spezialtiefbau, Germany|
|Sikko Doornbos||Past president||Terracon International, the Netherlands|
|Maurice Bottiau||Treasurer||Franki Foundations, Belgium|
|Tony Butcher||Corresponding||BRE, UK|
|Bjoern Boehle||Keller Grundbau, Germany|
|Jorge Capitao-Mor||Geo-Ground Engineering Operations, UK|
|Asim Gaba||Arup, UK|
|Franz-Werner Gerressen||Bauer Maschinen, Germany|
|Massimo Grisolia||Universita di Roma, Italy|
|Patrick IJnsen||Van 'T Hek Groep, the Netherlands|
|Rolf Katzenbach||University of Darmstadt, Germany|
|Ate Konkka||Junttan, Finland|
|Anne Lemnitzer||University of California, Irvine|
|William van Impe||Corresponding||Emeritus Professor Geotechnics, |
University of Ghent, Belgium
|Adriaan van Seters||Fugro GeoServices bv, the Netherlands|
|Monika de Vos||Secretary||Belgian Building Research Institute, Belgium|
|Egbert van der Wal||Corresponding||Port of Rotterdam, the Netherlands|
|Sig Weis||Per Aarsleff, Denmark|
- To provide additional value and benefits of DFI membership locally as well as increase DFI's international presence while expanding the network of suppliers, contractors, equipment manufacturers, academics, consultants, clients and all others in the deep foundations industry.
- DFI Europe is open to all professional corporations and persons, involved in design and construction of foundations.
- To provide a forum for these corporations and individuals in Europe, to improve the planning, design, construction and testing of deep foundations including deep excavations.
- To eliminate the barriers between the different professions in the field of deep foundations and to improve the understanding and sharing of knowledge and experience.
- More precisely, the association endeavours to achieve its objectives by
- gathering, disseminating and cataloguing existing information among members primarily but also outside the institute;
- influencing the improvement and extension of the knowledge of new ideas and practices of geotechnical and geo-environmental design, construction and testing;
- participating and encouraging practical application of research in the field of deep foundations;
- organizing short courses and training dedicated to the upgrade of the knowledge and competence in the field of deep foundations and participating in or conducting local and international conferences;
- producing written material such as guidelines and manuals gathering the State-of-the-Art of deep foundations practice.
- To establish contacts with existing organizations working on related goals, such as the EFFC and the ISSMGE and its national chapters.
- Participate in the development, harmonisation and dissemination for digitalisation and BIM