Working Platforms Industry-Wide Working Group
Terence Holman, Ph.D., P.E.
Terry is the Senior Principal – Geostructural and Construction Engineering for Geosyntec Consultants, Inc. He has more than 25 years of experience in geotechnical and geostructural engineering, design, and heavy-civil construction. His specialties include geotechnical design, analysis, and construction; research and teaching in geotechnical and geostructural engineering and mechanics; constructability analysis; and evaluation of technical risk, especially design-build or P3 project delivery methods. He has served on the Board of Directors of ADSC, and is a member of DFI, ASCE, Geo-Institute, and the Structural Engineering Institute. He received his Ph.D. in Geotechnical Engineering from Northwestern University, and his B.S. and M.S. in Civil Engineering from Drexel. He is a registered professional engineer in many states.
The Working Platforms Industry-Wide Working Group (WPWG) is an industry-wide forum gathered to improve design and construction practices that ensure safe working platforms for equipment used to install deep foundations.
Outreach and Awareness Task Force
Developing outreach messages for general contractors, insurance organizations, state OSHAs, and architects.
Working Platforms Guidance
Industry-generated guidance for safe design, maintenance and administration of safe working platforms.
- ADSC Poster – Safe Working Platforms for Construction Equipment
- PDCA’s working platforms panel discussion webinar (October 2020) featuring WPWG members
- EFFC video on Safe Working Platforms
- Working Platforms: concerns and the requirement for an industry-wide effort to implement meaningful change when it comes to higher standards of safety, PileDriver magazine, Edition 3, 2019
- Federation of Piling Specialists – UK Working Platform Initiative and Calculation of Rig Bearing Pressure, presented at SuperPile ’18 by Derek Egan, Ph.D., of Remedy Geotechnics.
Federation of Piling Specialists Bearing Capacity Tool