Helical Piles and Tiebacks
June 14–17, 2022 – St. Louis, Missouri
HPW-DFI Helical Piles-Tiebacks-Anchors Tradeshow and Educational Seminar
April 27, 2022 – April 28, 2022 – Bonner Springs, Kansas
Women in Deep Foundations Networking Reception
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Las Vegas, Nevada
Helical Pile Design Training Course
Based on DFI’s Helical Design Guide, this course covers design recommendations, installation and specifications of helical elements.
Development of Design Recommendations for Helical Pile Anchorages Subjected to Cyclic Load Reversals
- Effects of Detailing on the Behavior of Helical Pile-to-Foundation Connections
- Helical Pile-to-Pile Cap Connections Subjected to Uplift Forces: Improving Future Practice
- Design Recommendations for Helical Pile Anchorages Subjected to Cyclic Load Reversals
- Improving Helical Pile-to-Foundation Connections
- Young Professionals – educating the next generations of design professionals about helical deep foundation products. Reach out to a committee member or a DFI representative today to get plugged in to our current young professional or student activity.
- Contractors – As we inform the deep foundation industry on the benefits of the use of helical products, one of the most important partners in this effort are the trade contractors who use the products every day. Our committee is constantly seeking new ways get our contractors involved. The 2022 Helical Trade Expo in Kansas City is an excellent opportunity your company to send contractors to learn about and participate in hands on experience with helical piles and anchors. For more information on how to join our committee reach out to a committee member or DFI today.
Series of guideline specifications for helical foundation and earth retention projects
Compression Applications – provides practical guidance and model specification language for helical pile foundations acting in compression for new foundation construction, foundation repair, and existing foundation augmentation.
Tension – Provides practical guidance and model performance specification language for helical anchors in earth retention and shoring, transmission tower guy tiedowns, and buoyancy/uplift protection applications.
Helical Soil Nails – in progress
Helical Design Guide – This short, easy-to-follow guide for preliminary design and selection of helical piles and anchors, covering applications, terminology, advantages and limitations, geotechnical and structural design methods, corrosion protection, load testing, quality control and assurance, and references.
University PowerPoint – This narrated PowerPoint presentation provides engineering students, young professionals, and future design professionals an overall introduction to helical products used for foundation and earth retention applications.
AC358 – International Code Council-ES formed an ad-hoc committee of manufacturers, suppliers, end users and specifiers to create acceptance criteria for helical deep foundation products. This document governs the testing and reporting of acceptable helical foundation products.
International Building Code Chapter 18 – Helical piles are addressed as deep foundation option in the IBC section 1810.