Manuel Fine Civil Engineering Scholarship Application Instructions
The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust is pleased to request applications for the Manuel Fine Civil Engineering Scholarship which provides scholarship funding to undergraduate and graduate civil engineering students attending schools in the Province of Ontario. DFI is an industry association dedicated to the advancement of the design and construction of deep foundations. DFI recognizes that the future of our industry will depend upon our ability to encourage and engage promising young engineers to consider careers in the deep foundations industry.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 1, 2021
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time (as defined by the applicant’s school) in a graduate or undergraduate civil engineering program at any college or university in the Province of Ontario only.
- The minimum GPA required is 3.0/4.0 or, alternatively, a “B” or its equivalent.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in the deep foundations industry.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must provide the Trust will all required contact information.
Scholarships are awarded based on standards that do not discriminate relative to the applicant’s race, color, religion, age, gender, orientation, nationality or ethnic origin.
On-line Application Requirements:
- Complete all items on application.
Required Documents: (to be uploaded with application):
- Personal essay, no more than 500 words, highlighting why the applicant chose to pursue a deep foundations- related career, extra-curricular activities, leadership capabilities, long term plans and goals, and any special financial need.
- One-page résumé, including work experience, honors, activities and organizations.
- One official transcript.
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation, one of which must be completed by a faculty member at the applicant’s school.
- The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted no later than November 1, 2021. Applications missing any of the required items will not be considered.
- The DFI Educational Trust will notify all applicants of the result of their applications no later than Dec 15, 2021
- Applicants, as a condition of eligibility for being considered for a scholarship, must consent to their resume being posted on the DFI website for review by DFI members as potential employers.
- Applicants may be required to participate in a personal telephone interview with a Trust Board member.
Deadline: A completed on-line application and all supporting documentation must be submitted no later than November 1, 2021.
Two scholarships, in the amount of US$3,500 each, will be awarded in 2021. Awards may be used for funding tuition, fees, books, and/or educational living expenses.
Scholarship checks, payable to the students, will be sent in January 2022 after proof of enrollment and other required information is received by the DFI Educational Trust.
NOTE: PLEASE DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES/QUESTIONS BY E-MAIL TO: SCHOLARSHIPS@DFI.ORG